This recipe was generously donated by Mrs Tobin of Victoria, Australia.
- 180 Grams Wholemeal Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon mixed spice
- 65 Grams Butter
- 65 Grams Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (Chopped)
- 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl,
- Add in butter, sugar and chopped walnuts
- Beat the egg, add milk and add to the flour mix
- Mix until it reaches a soft dough
- Place in a greased loaf tin
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until cooked
Slice and serve with butter.